Thursday, 14 July 2011

una




Lone traveling .

Did I plan to or did I not? Either way I am enjoying my own company .
As much as I am loving it, it's hard to avoid an awkward business: dining alone .
Every time I walk past an Al-fresco, looking at couples or cheerful groups cheet-chatting away over gourmets, something inside me die little by little..

Leaving me gutted, munching on meals I make at my apartment while burying my head in books,  I suppose it's not the mouth-watering experience that makes me picturing myself in my head reeling back in a heartbroken manner, it's more of the romantic side of Barcelona's social scene I feel like I'm missing out. 


I might have found a solution to not-getting lost ( jot down the street names I have ventured to keep track..) 
Sadly, there seems to have no solution to this issue.. Maybe next time, I shall travel with an intelligent poodle like John Steinbeck or better yet, travel with a partner.
















Note: Found comfort doing lunch at a lovely restaurant on my own, joining me were other lone-diners. They bring their papers and books with them, just like me. problem solved. I guess it's just a case of finding the right place with nice ambiance (usually bright places work rather well).
Lunch menu are often the best deal, too! 3 course lunch for 10 Euro #Hola  
Go me! 
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment