To where the heart is inclined, the feet will walk.
As I was looking for the saying 'home is where the heart is' in Spanish, I found the translation to the phrase on it's own is much more beautiful. Gotta love the momentum and truth in it too, the feet will walk. I remember my friend once described me as a globe wanderer, which I very much like the way she puts it. And since I decided to stay in London, I pretty much felt like I have burnt the bridges and there's no going back.. (papa if you see this, I must admit it's true.) and home is somewhere still in search.
It's my second last day in Barcelona, and I can tell you honestly, I have only seen what I am here to see in the past two three days. Everywhere crowded with tourists, my gut feeling told me this is not the people
who call Barcelona home..
Today I went back to an area I believe it's called El Born Barrio, (I have no clue cause I was only backtracking where my friend took me to, which took me a few wrong turns and reappearing at the same block a few times..)
It's a lovely area with beautiful buildings and cute little shops.
And the people.
I met the people here. Shame that I couldn't speak to them, but they spoke to me.
An old man arriving at his front door, clearing the litter gathered at the concave beam (a gothic design detail, forgive my ignorance to not know what it's called..) with his walking stick.
Guy in t-shirt and shorts and a camera, holding canned dog food talking to a homeless person and his dog. Sitting on a bench, engaging in an conversation that involves laughter, patting the adorable pet
and glowing faces on both of them.
And the artist in the photo above. He was in his own little world. I remember seeing him cheerfully showing others his artwork last time when I was here. I admire his little studio space at a corner of the street. As I walked pass, something inside me started stirring. I would love to show him my admiration, if only I have the words to tell him and to receive the things he has to tell me.. I would.
Ahh, I don't know how to end this post..
let me look at the title again,
To where the heart is inclined, the feet will walk.
Ahh, yess.
The people who call Barcelona home, whether it's on the street or an apartment with a sweet little terrace,
they must feel attached and decide to stay.
I believe one day I will find somewhere I feel responsible to take good care of, and stay.
As one is in search of the place one's heart desires to settle, keep walking.
No comments:
Post a Comment